An easy way to understand non-resident income tax

When a person who is not a tax resident owns a property in Spain and rents it out, the income obtained is subject to tax. What’s more, the Spanish tax office also requires you to pay tax for the days it is not rented out. Regardless of whether it was empty or if you, your family, or friends were staying there. This is known as income allocation.

Failure to declare and file these taxes can lead to surcharges and penalties. We can help you avoid them.

I want to start

Managing your affairs has never been so easy

We want you to be able to carry out your transactions as comfortably as possible. And we want you to know that your peace of mind is our peace of mind.

  • Quick, easy and safe

    We’ll gather and insert most of your data automatically. We’ll ask you for less information than an advisor or consultant. And we guarantee maximum protection as a Tax Agency collaborator.

  • Precision

    We’ll calculate your tax using a process designed by our tax experts. So you don’t have to worry about a thing. 

  • You are in control

    When and where you want. All steps can be completed 100% online. We’ll be in touch efficiently and transparently from start to finish. 

I want to start

How it works

It takes only three steps:

  • Register

    You answer a short questionnaire and we access your tax information.

  • Read and sign our service offer

    We inform you of the conditions of the service. We speak in plain English through every step of the way. Our process is user-friendly, brief, and 100% online.  

  • We arrange everything for you

    We confirm that the information entered is correct. We calculate and file your taxes, keeping you informed throughout the process.

I want to start

A hassle-free service

We believe it should be easy for you to know your tax obligations as a non-resident, regardless of where you live and whether you speak Spanish. 

You can hire our services to prepare and file your non-resident income tax return for you and avoid errors and penalties.  

Online, from anywhere and without picking up the phone. At your own pace. Whenever and wherever you want.  

I want to know more

Generally, if you are in Spain for less than 183 days per year, you are not considered a resident for tax purposes. However, there are exceptions. For instance, if your spouse and children live in Spain, or if the Spanish tax office believes that your core economic interests are in Spain. You can also verify it by answering a few simple questions through our form. In less than 99 seconds.

That’s right. Even if you aren’t renting out your property, you’ll still have to pay what is known as allocated property income. By owning an empty or unused property, other than your ‘primary residence’, and deciding to not rent it out, the Spanish tax authorities consider that you could rent it out and generate income. Therefore they quantify this option for a certain amount and require you to pay tax on it.

If your property has been empty or used by you, a friend, or a relative for free, this would lead to an income allocation and you’ll have to pay tax.

Yes. The Spanish tax office makes no distinction on this matter. You have to pay taxes for allocated income.

Yes, you’re required to pay tax for allocated property income. This would amount to the number of days the property was in your name without being rented out, up until the date it was sold. Regardless of any other taxes that you’ll have to submit, such as those related to the sale itself.

You’ll have to file a tax return for each property you own in Spain.

How our clients see us

Preventing future sanctions is a matter of urgency

Do you own one or more properties in Spain, but are a tax resident in another country? It is likely that you have taxes to pay and you don't know it.

What’s ours is yours

We will tell you everything we know.

Mi salud legal

El 99% de personas y pymes tienen algo por lo que reclamar y no lo saben.